SESMA members rely on the organization to keep them abreast of both the latest in national industry trends and changes in the Washington-Baltimore marketplace. Now SESMA also offers an opportunity for members to reach the most elite candidates for jobs in the local industry through SESMA’s online job board.
To post an opening at your organization now, please click here to fill out the Job Posting Form. Job listings will be deleted after 30 Days unless otherwise directed.
Job postings are free to all SESMA members. If you are not a member of SESMA, and would like to post an open position on the site, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Account Executive, Catering Sales
Catering by Seasons Posted: 7/25/17
Are you looking to make a great impact every day? La Prima Food Group and Catering by Seasons is seeking an energetic account executive to cultivate new business and build upon existing relationships. This qualified candidate should possess proven experience in off-premise catering sales and execution as well as a passion for food and event design.
Recognized for its excellence in food quality, commitment to the environment and exceptional customer service for 30 years, La Prima Food Group is a highly regarded catering company specializing in full service catering, corporate drop- off services, picnics, and barbecues, serving the metro areas of Washington DC, Baltimore and Philadelphia.
At La Prima Food Group, Inc., you will be surrounded by a team of talented coworkers who are passionate about creating a high quality product, sustainability and building lasting relationships with clients and other industry professionals.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A strong aptitude for understanding a client’s vision and priorities
• Creativity to increase La Prima and Catering by Seasons’ exposure
• A “whatever it takes”, attitude and the ability to be available on weekend and holidays
• Great organization and self-starter, strong attention to detail
• The ability to effectively write and respond to RFPs, business correspondence and create dynamic and innovative written menus
• A high level of energy/stamina to get through the peaks and valleys of seasonal activities
• Interest and knowledge of creating Farm to Table Events
• Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Initiate relationships and continually network with corporate and social event planners, site managers and other industry professionals
• Recognize good opportunities by tracking and follow up
• Generate and qualify leads through calls and networking
• Develop and cultivate new business relationships with the key decision makers
• Regularly meet or exceed quarterly, and annual sales goals
• Complete related paperwork for execution according to schedule requirements
• Works autonomously, as well as with a team, to develop proposals and secure new clients
Territory: DC Metropolitan Area including Northern VA, Baltimore and Annapolis
Send cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising Events Manager, Washington, DC
National Museum of Women in the Arts Posted: 7/6/17
Duties & Responsibilities: Assist Museum Director, Deputy Director, Trustees, and Development staff with the coordination of fundraising events. The Fundraising Events Manager will be responsible for the museum’s major annual Spring Gala and silent auction, committee events, and other fundraising events, as assigned by the Director.
Qualifications: Minimum of five years experience working on high level events and partnering with Trustees and/or Board members is a must.
For a detailed job description visit www.nmwa.org Please submit applications by emailing cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to HR@nmwa.org. Successful candidates will be subject to reference and background checks. The National Museum of Women in the Arts is an equal opportunity employer. The National Museum of Women in the Arts brings recognition to the achievements of women artists of all periods and nationalities by exhibiting, preserving, acquiring, and researching art by women and by teaching the public about their accomplishments.
Select Event Group Posted: 6/13/17
Description: Select Event Group is a full service event services company with over forty years of experience supporting successful events. We have one of the broadest arrays of high quality event rentals including tenting, flooring, fine linens, superior table settings and a complete selection of tables and chairs. We also offer custom furniture and décor related items. We are currently seeking Sales Account Managers for our Equipment & Linen Division. We have positions in Laurel at our headquarters as well as in Tyson’s Corner at our Design Studio.
Duties & Responsibilities: We are seeking individuals with a successful track record in client services and relationship-based sales, preferably within the event industry. Sales or operational experience in the industry is preferred but not required. Key elements to include:
• Ongoing client service as a member of a team environment will be a crucial component of this position.
• Strong relationship skills, a passion for providing exceptional service, and a desire to be a meaningful member of a successful team is required.
• Attention to detail is paramount, as is an ability to work effectively in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
• Well qualified candidates have the ability to self-educate, and must have a true desire to learn and develop.
• Having strong communication skills is the most important key to success in this position, specifically providing timely responses to phone calls and emails from clients and coworkers.
• Maintaining accountability for all elements of the customer relationship, including the placement and execution of all contracts, invoicing and payment collection, customer service and problem resolution, inventory protection, and proactive selling.
• Identifying and marketing to prospective clients, including professionals in catering, hotels, venues, food services, universities, event planning and many other industries.
• An eye for design and a passion for style and current trends.
• Enjoys working with people.
• Candidate must find motivation in a sales goal-oriented environment.
• Must have a collaborative nature.
• Detail oriented, good time management and superb organizational skills are required.
• Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
Compensation includes competitive pay aligned to capabilities, health benefits, 401(k) and more.
Select Event Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Please forward a cover letter with your resume to:
Kelly Andres, Vice President, Sales & Client Relations
Sales Account Executive, Washington, DC
Occasions Caterers Posted: 5/31/17
Description: MENUS Catering, a division of Occasions Caterers, is seeking an energetic and highly motivated person to join our catering sales team. MENUS Catering services the immediate area in and around Washington, D.C. with breakfasts, luncheons, all day meetings and receptions. We work in a state of the art facility, employ a team of passionate chefs and managers, own a fleet of delivery vehicles, and have established relationships with all local vendors for a wide variety of amenities. We are looking for a seasoned account executive with 3-5 plus years experience in corporate catering, is knowledgeable of the DC market, is able to build and sustain excellent client relationships, and is financially proficient. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including contributions toward health, dental, life and 401K.
Position Summary: Execute sales strategy for MENUS, initiate contact with existing and potential clients, identify needs and sell appropriate products to meet those needs.
1. Manage assigned accounts.
2. Call prospective clients and establish buying cycles, customer needs, and sustain a customer relationship.
3. Increase sales in respective accounts.
4. Prepare sales information for clients.
5. Establish buying influences, budgets and purchasing criteria for assigned accounts.
6. Secure and place orders taking into consideration delivery dates and inventory levels for fulfillment.
7. Manage clients’ orders via the phone, email or through Seamless.
8. Work with MENUS General Manager and Chef to maintain best practices of the company.
1. Business Acumen.
2. Communication Proficiency.
3. Customer/Client Focus.
4. Results Driven.
5. Technical Capacity.
6. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
8. Collaboration Skills.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires approximately 20% travel to various local area events and meetings.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree and or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
2. Five years (5) experience in catering sales with proven driven results.
3. Preferable hospitality or food service industry experience, off premise catering or event planning.
4. Familiarity with Washington, D.C. market.
* Please submit the most recent copy of your resume and a cover letter with your application.
Resumes should be forwarded to: email@example.com
Event/Administrative Assistant, Boyds, MD – Montgomery County
Sugar Plum Tent Company Posted: 4/19/17
Description: Sugarplum Tent Company provides the finest service and tenting equipment in the DC Metropolitan area. From elegant weddings, to prestigious corporate functions and amazing benefits and galas, Sugarplum covers the area’s most spectacular events.
Position Summary: We are in search of a full-time Event/Administrative Assistant to assist with our small but fast-paced office. General office duties to include answering phones, responding to general inquiries about our services, ordering office supplies, inventory management, data entry, filing, mailings, etc. Event planning duties include assisting clients with contracts, assist in the planning and execution of each event, maintaining vendor/venue relationships, warehouse support, attending occasional industry-related events.
Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm M-F
Salary Range & Benefits:
Salary to be negotiated; Health benefits available
Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
Knowledge of Adobe products a plus
Interest in the Special Events Industry
Self motivated – willingness to learn
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Customer Service Oriented
Excellent Interpersonal skills
Attention to detail
Associates/Bachelors Degree preferred
Please send resume to Nicole Tenly.