SESMA members rely on the organization to keep them abreast of both the latest in national industry trends and changes in the Washington-Baltimore marketplace. Now SESMA also offers an opportunity for members to reach the most elite candidates for jobs in the local industry through SESMA’s online job board.
To post an opening at your organization now, please click here to fill out the Job Posting Form. Job listings will be deleted after 30 Days unless otherwise directed.
Job postings are free to all SESMA members. If you are not a member of SESMA, and would like to post an open position on the site, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Position: Private Events Sales Administrator
The Private Events Sales Administrator supports the International Spy Museum’s Private Events Sales Team (a division of the museum’s Business Team) including its Executive Vice President.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Essential administrative support to Private Events sales staff and general administrative duties as assigned by Executive Vice President of Sales and Development including but not limited to:
- Managing event space contracts from inception to execution
- Managing speakers’ program
- Helping to steward potential and current clients by proving excellent customer service
- Reporting and analysis of data and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Researching prospective clients
- Planning and executing digital and traditional promotions
- Managing museum’s team building activities (scavenger hunts etc.)
- Liaison between EVP and Private Events Sales Team
- Liaison between Private Events Sales Team and other departments
Has authority over and administers Siriusware, the department’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Also administers Siriusware, the back-end software system, and other digital resources to ensure and improve efficiency as a team.
Administers and tracks sales budget including processing invoices.
Manages reporting tools to improve efficiency and accuracy of data and records as identified by EVP.
Provides real-time business intelligence and analysis to Executive Vice President.
Establishes, monitors and maintains collective standard operating procedures (SOPs) for Sales department.
- Extremely organized
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite & CRM (preferably Salesforce.com)
- Willing to adapt to and anticipate changing needs of office/changing technology
- Proactive and decisive
- A team player who can interact with all levels of employees and clients within and outside the organization
- Able to prepare and review written documents accurately and completely
- Polished appearance along with strong written and verbal communications skills
Due to the nature of Private Events, must have full availability and be available to work some extended hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
3 to 5 years with skills and competencies as described above
College Degree required
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to Dan Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
Position: Long Term Contractor, Private Events
Contractor Responsibilities and Duties:
The Private Events Contractor will be the primary contact for event clients’ post-contract and for all event vendors. The responsibilities include finalizing event schedules, coordinating load- in/out schedules, ensuring all paperwork has been received from vendors and clients, tracking catering commission and monthly upsells, scheduling event captains, and ensuring that the correct information is communicated to all internal departments.
Other responsibilities include:
Event Coordination and Detailing *
Assumes client oversight immediately upon contract execution for a private event
- Manages all documentation relative to event
- Maintains correspondence with client from contract execution through end of event (and immediately after seeking feedback)
- Creates and maintains event timeline with client and vendors, including load-in and load-out schedules for client and vendors
- Determines AV needs/add on services
- Ensures timely payments from client and commissions from caterers
- Conducts walk throughs with client as needed
Acts as internal Liaison to:
Other departments: Private Events Sales Team, Guest Services, Security, Facilities and IT
- Weekly events updates on an individual and group basis either in person or by email
- Provides real time event updates on shared communication platform
- Conducts event standing meetings
- Determines date availability for other departments for internal events
- Attends weekly operations meetings
- Vice President, Private Event and Group Sales
- Maintains all correspondence with vendors
- Conducts walk throughs as needed
- Confirms set up 2-4 weeks out
Oversight of Personnel
- Event Coordinator
- *Co-Manages and supports Contractor in all activities as listed above
- Event Captains
- Event Assists (in coordination with Guest Services)
Oversight of Event Space
- Conducts regular walk throughs and notifies appropriate internal departments of issues in need of immediate resolution
- Available on-site as needed for event from load-in to load out
Skills and Qualities:
- Proven leader who is able to work with internal departments and vendors in the coordination and direction of seamless event experiences
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and can effectively manage large flows of information as well as deliver excellent internal and external communication
- Possesses strong knowledge of special events coordination and execution
- Professionally represents the museum and serves as an outstanding ambassador of the venue
- Provides excellent customer service
- Maintains calm and steady demeanor within a fast pace, sometimes unpredictable environment
- Can exercise appropriate discretion and judgement in the best interests of museum and client
- In some instances, may need to work nights and weekends
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to Amanda Lincoln at email@example.com. No calls please.