SESMA members rely on the organization to keep them abreast of both the latest in national industry trends and changes in the Washington-Baltimore marketplace. Now SESMA also offers an opportunity for members to reach the most elite candidates for jobs in the local industry through SESMA’s online job board.
To post an opening at your organization now, please click here to fill out the Job Posting Form. Job listings will be deleted after 30 Days unless otherwise directed.
Job postings are free to all SESMA members. If you are not a member of SESMA, and would like to post an open position on the site, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Event/Administrative Assistant, Boyds, MD – Montgomery County
Sugar Plum Tent Company Posted: 4/19/17
Description: Sugarplum Tent Company provides the finest service and tenting equipment in the DC Metropolitan area. From elegant weddings, to prestigious corporate functions and amazing benefits and galas, Sugarplum covers the area’s most spectacular events.
Position Summary: We are in search of a full-time Event/Administrative Assistant to assist with our small but fast-paced office. General office duties to include answering phones, responding to general inquiries about our services, ordering office supplies, inventory management, data entry, filing, mailings, etc. Event planning duties include assisting clients with contracts, assist in the planning and execution of each event, maintaining vendor/venue relationships, warehouse support, attending occasional industry-related events.
Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm M-F
Salary Range & Benefits:
Salary to be negotiated; Health benefits available
Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
Knowledge of Adobe products a plus
Interest in the Special Events Industry
Self motivated – willingness to learn
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Customer Service Oriented
Excellent Interpersonal skills
Attention to detail
Associates/Bachelors Degree preferred
Please send resume to Nicole Tenly.
Account Manager, Laurel, MD/Tysons, VA
Select Event Group Posted: 3/3/17
Description: Select Event Group ranks among the top event companies in the nation. We have one of the broadest arrays of high quality event rentals available anywhere including tenting and structure, fine linens, superior table settings and a complete selection of tables and chairs.
Our commitment to continued investment means that our inventory is always fresh and up to date with the latest trends, colors and styles, our quantities are sufficient to satisfy both our small and large event clients and the quality of our products is impeccable. Whether your event is corporate, political or social, we have the capabilities to make it something unique.
The Account Manager in the Equipment & Linen division is tasked with managing a book of clients by providing customer service to existing and new relationships. In addition, the Account Manager acts as the primary point of contact for the client at all stages of the event. The Account Manager will work in a team setting led by a Team Lead to achieve the desired results of the client and Select. The main responsibilities of the Account Manager are summarized in the four categories listed below.
Customer Service (70% time spent)
• Receive all client orders via phone and email and enter them into Alert
• Make all changes to reservations and provide client with updated copies
• React to any issues with deliveries or pickups and coordinate with operations to correct them
• Work quickly and efficiently with operations to ensure contracts are closed within two business days of the pickup so final invoices can be sent
• Make contact with top clients on a regular basis to ensure Select is providing outstanding customer service
• Maintain an advanced knowledge of Select’s inventory and an ability to make suggestions/offer alternatives to the clients
Administrative Responsibilities (15% time spent)
• Adherence to Select’s industry and non-industry schedule of delivery and processing fees
• Monitor overdue balances and take action as needed according to the accounts receivable policy
• Include an inventory protection charge on all contracts for clients of required business types
• Maintain the target charge rate for missing or broken equipment
• Handle all tasks and requests handed down from the Team Lead
Proactive Sales (10% time spent)
• Actively manage a book of business, tracking accounts that are growing and reaching out to accounts that are dropping
• Call clients in a book of business on a regular basis to ask for business, which is separate from reacting to a request or reaching out about an issue or upcoming event
• Proactively build relationships by making contact with clients to inform them of new policies, send pictures of new products, or just to wish them a happy week
• Initiate actions that directly lead to deeper relationships and account growth
• Identify new opportunities within an existing book of business in an effort to cross-sell and up-sell
Marketing & Networking (5% time spent)
• Design and staff tradeshow booths to promote Select and spread awareness of all its capabilities
• Attend networking events for the industry and the market in order to form new relationships and identify potential new clients
• Contribute to the company’s social media campaigns on a voluntary basis by providing content to Select’s Brand Ambassadors
There are several qualitative traits and behaviors that are crucial to the Account Manager’s success. These may be used in conjunction with the main responsibilities listed above to evaluate an Account Manager’s performance, and can serve as a list of qualities each Account Manager should seek to improve upon and master.
• Ability to multi-task
• Performance under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Maintaining composure with clients
• Time management
• Willingness to work after hours
• Desire to take ownership
• Strong decision making skills
• Creative problem solving
• Passion for design
• Organizational skills
• Ability to learn from mistakes
• Positive attitude
• Passion for customer service
Please forward a cover letter with your resume to:
Christine von Lange, HR Director