Collaborate. Promote. Discover.
What should you know about the Special Event Sites Marketing Alliance (SESMA)?
SESMA’s mission is to develop cooperative marketing programs that bring member special event sites to the attention of meeting and event professionals throughout the DC-metro area who seek unique venues for their functions.
The Special Event Sites Marketing Alliance (SESMA) is an association that focuses on the marketing needs of its members.
- Primary Members – museums, mansions, historic homes and buildings, art galleries, ballrooms, aquariums, gardens, wineries, and other unique venues that permit business meetings and social events to take place at their sites.
- Associate Members – companies, such as caterers, florists, equipment providers, transportation services and others that supply products and services that support these events.
SESMA is incorporated and designated as a 501(c6) non-profit organization by the IRS. It has a blue-ribbon Board of Directors focused on developing member benefits, educational programs and marketing opportunities. The founding chapter was established in the Greater Baltimore-Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area in 2002.
SESMA is a member of the Washington Convention and Tourism Corporation.
Consider the ways, outlined below, that SESMA can enhance your marketing efforts, then act today to join this new, exciting, productive, and unique marketing alliance. Click here to download the Membership Flyer for more information.
- Networking and business referral opportunities
- Marketing and public relations exposure
- Online presence at www.sesma.org
- Education programs on industry-specific topics
- Exclusive members-only events
- Access to RFP Leads
- Job postings on the SESMA Website
- New members showcased in SESMA eNewsletter and on website
Your site will receive a full-page, detailed listing, with photographs, on the SESMA website (www.sesma.org). The site lists members and provides direct links to their websites.
A comprehensive public relations campaign has been launched to call attention to the special event sites of SESMA members located in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. area.
Member showcases are planned throughout the year. Invited guests include SESMA members, event planners and media representatives.
Monthly meetings are held featuring expert speakers and roundtable discussions, covering topics of interest and importance to SESMA members.
SESMA will provide invaluable networking and business referral opportunities, in the Washington, D.C. metro area.